MICHALIS GENITSARIS, MD
City of Residence: Thessaloniki, Greece
Address: Interbalkan Medical Center, Thessaloniki, Greece
Telephone numbers: +302310400000,+302310 283872
General Surgery Consultant at Private Practice at I.M.C.
- 1987-1988 8mo training at York district Hospital, UK (S HO & register level)
- 1983-1988 General Surgery Resident
- 1972-1978 Basic medical education (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
- Formal Teaching of Residents, Clinical Fellows and Research Fellows
- Clinical Supervisory and Training Responsibilities
- Laboratory and Other Research Supervisory and Training Responsibilities
From 1991 until today have been invited and performed laparoscopic operations in almost all rural hospitals in Northern Greece.
In 1994 performed the first laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Hungary, invited by the University of Debrecen.
Instructor of Laparoscopic and advanced laparoscopic surgery in postgraduate courses organised by the Surgery Association of Nothern Greece and the Hellenic Laparo-endoscopic Surgery Association.
APPOINTMENTS AT HOSPITALS/AFFILIATED INSTITUTIONS
- Current Licensure and Certification
- Practice Activities
- Clinical Innovations
Consultant General Surgeon at I.M.C.
General and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Performed the first laparoscopic cholocystectomy in Northern Greece (21/3/1991)
- Pioneer in Laparoscopic repair of groin pain in Athletes internationally.
- Genitsaris M, Goulimaris I, Sikas N: Laparoscopic repair of groin pain in athletes. Am J Sports Med 32: 1238-1242, 2005
- More than 50 presentations in national and international conferences on laparoscopic surgery as an invited speaker, presenting original articles or as a member of round tables.
- 1978 – Present Member of the Medical Association of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Member of the Hellenic Surgery Society
- Member of the Surgical Society of Northern Greece
- Founding member of the Hellenic Laparo – Endoscopic Surgery society
- Member of the European Association of Endoscopic Surgery